Monday, October 26, 2009

Oh Lolina, Lolina

During the time I was sick I kept thinking about where I'd go as soon as I felt better. Only one place came to mind: Lolina!*

I decided to take one more day off (I'll go back to work tomorrow, I swear) and just the thought of coming here today made me so happy. Yeah, they didn't have the quiche I love but I'll take what I can get.

What I like the most about this place is that it doesn't feel like I'm in Madrid. Lolina is in an artsy, edgy neighborhood that must be like Madrid's Silver Lake. The cafe is filled with mismatching vintage furniture of different colors and sizes. I'm sitting in a mustard yellow chair that was last upholstered in the 70s and the table is a small, round bedside table with a paper doll design.



There's a green tasseled lamp in the corner that looks like it was snatched from the set of "Amelie." I'm beginning to wonder if there's a rule that in order to work here, you need to have an awesome pixie cut or bob.

I tend to order the sobresasada with brie and honey, which is just as amazing as it sounds. Oh and the sweet ginger peach tea! Heaven in a teacup.

There's also a flower shop next door. And free wi-fi.

So yeah, on the cuteness scale, Lolina is somewhere in between Zooey Deschanel and kittens.



To get here: Exit Metro Noviciado and walk up Calle Espiritu Santo.

*special thanks to Erin from Kansas, who introduced me to this place!

(photos courtesy of Lolina)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics