Saturday, September 5, 2009

Two Weeks Notice

Remember when I said I was worried about not worrying? Well my friends, there's no need to worry about that anymore! Because two days ago, while I was looking over my Gmail calendar, it happened. At my desk. At work. THE TIMING, LET ME TELL YA.

I was completely blindsided by a headache the size of Brazil and I felt dizzy. For a second I thought, It's the fires! The smoke! Yes, that's it! But then my limbs felt numb and I wanted to throw up.
(I didn't, but eww, let's move on, shall we?)

So what was it that finally triggered my delayed sense of panic? It was this little square of DOOM.



It looks so small and harmless, right? September 16 at 11:45 a.m., Leave for Madrid. FACT.

I knew it was there all along, but for a very long time, I would have to click several months ahead to even reach September.

September 16 and I were separated by many rows and columns of time, and I liked it that way.

But this week, all that changed. September 16 is less than two weeks away. My days in LA are numbered, and I'm happy and sad--happy that it's here and sad that I have to leave.

I already miss everyone.


(photo via Unicornology)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics