Sunday, September 6, 2009

A proper introduction


Allo there! If you're not a personal friend or family member I'm a) glad you're here, b) sorry about the recent whiny, freakouts and c) I will do my best to keep it together over here.

I'm not going to get all David Copperfield on you guys, but here are the basics:

1. I'm a writer. I've written for the LA Times and Los Angeles magazine. It's a crazy life that doesn't pay well but it keeps me sane and happy. For a long time, I wanted to be a nurse, but that plan was foiled as soon as I realized how squirmish I was around bodily fluids. And all that math in college! No gracias.

2. I'm addicted to Twitter and inspired by Tumblr. I spend too much money on concerts and books. But it could be worse.

3. Speaking of concerts, I saw Coldplay twice this year because I'm the biggest Coldplay fan on the planet. I plan on seeing them until Chris Martin can no longer jump around like a madman on account of a fractured hip.

4. As you can tell, I love cupcakes (or anything with the word "cake" as a suffix). I don't care much for beer. Red wine on the other hand... I hate onions. HAAAAAAATE. I CANNOT EMPHASIZE THIS ENOUGH. WHY ARE THEY IN EVERYTHING? Now cheese? Cheese should be in absolutely everything.

5. I'm half-Mexican and half-Salvadoran, although no one ever believes me. (Ask me about the Getty security guard story. It's a good one).

6. And why am I moving to Spain? Because "Live in another country" is on my List, you know that list of things to do before you die. And since my life is no longer divided into semesters, I could use a change of pace and scenery.


Any questions? Ask me anything! Unless you want to know what I'm wearing right now. You weirdo.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Stephanie! :) Mucho gusto! I love that you included the Kelly video in your post, hilarious! I used to be addicted to twitter, but i'm not as much anymore. I'm also a writer! I studied Print Journalism and did an internship with a small newspaper...I'm not sure what my future holds tho! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mucho gusto, Vanessa! It's a scary time in journalism, that's for sure, but it's also very exciting.

    ReplyDelete

 
Web Analytics