Friday, August 14, 2009

T-Minus 33 Days


Chamberi, Madrid

I'm so glad it's Friday. I've been staying up most nights to Skype a potential roommate. She lives in Chamberi, a neighborhood in Madrid that is about 10 minutes away from the hustle and bustle of the center. She has an extra room in her flat, which is completely furnished. She's Columbian and doesn't speak any English... so I will be practicing my Spanish A LOT. And she wants me to make a decision by Monday!

It's really hard choosing a place to live in when you're not there to see for yourself. Not that I'm picky, but I AM claustrophobic and a little natural lighting never hurt anybody. And I really like trees. So I've been doing the next best thing: Google maps street view.

If it's the building I keep staring at, she lives across the street from a small restaurant. Perfect for some midnight snax. As soon as I get to see some pictures, I will seal the deal via Skype.

....

Never mind the fact that I haven't even started packing, but I need to get out.

Tonight, I'm meeting friends at someone's home (thanks friend of a friend for entrusting us with your fancy digs!) in the Hollywood Hills for an expat dinner. It's going to be really hard to say goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics