Friday, September 18, 2009

I'm finally here

This morning I woke up at 2 a.m. to the sound of rain falling against my window. In the darkness, it took me a couple of seconds to figure out where I was.

I'm in my new room. In Madrid.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't homesick and overwhelmed. I miss my family, friends and LA, not to mention the ability to check my email whenever I want (I'm at an internet cafe near my apartment).

Things have gone smoothly so far. My flight was horribly long but my flatmate and two of her friends picked me up at the airport, which was comforting. I can't imagine what I'd do without her. She has become my tour guide and friend.

It rained all day yesterday and it was FREEZING, well, at least for this California girl. Fortunately, the sun came out today and Madrid looks beautiful. I'm not sure why, but it reminds me a bit of Mexico. Everyone here is well-dressed but I guess that might be because this is Europe, after all.

(update)

I don´t have much access to the Internet so I´m going I-N-S-A-N-E. But once that´s sorted, I will post more often.

1 comment:

  1. SO excited for you! don't be homesick, once you're back here, all you'll be thinking about is what an experience it was living in madrid. you'll get used to it. and i'm sure soon enough you'll love it. i miss your twitter-ing.

    more updates, por favor. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Web Analytics